We are committed to the principles of responsible travel and ecotourism and how this supports you as travellers, the local communities you visit and the environment.
In the office:
- Office ecosystem: We pay for 100% Greenpower, use tank water and recycle our waste. Environmentally responsible choices in printing, tour equipment & local transport are a priority.
- Donations: We make regular donations to community, charity and environmental groups.
- Local community: IPT office staff and guides are involved in their local community via schools, environment, social action and local enterprise groups.
- Accreditation: In 2008 we achieved advanced accreditation with Ecotourism Australia. This continues to lift our eco standards at home and on tour.
- For your protection: We are allied members of the Australian Federation of Travel Agents. Your payments are kept in a trust account until required for payment of your tour.
- Supporting local communities: Where possible, we use locally owned hotels, restaurants, transport and tour operators. We also engage guides who can give us an understanding of their culture.
- Tour design: We are gradually refining the style of our tours to a "slower" more sustainable pace. The transport we use, the hotels we stay at, the food we eat on a tour, all contribute to the impact of our tours.
- Encouraging local change: Working with business partners worldwide, including local guides and operators, we strive to source as much as possible from the local economy, maximising efficiency and minimising waste.
As a traveller:
- Research: We encourage you to research destinations and we aim to provide you with sufficient, accurate information to understand local communities and environment.
- Feedback: We appreciate your feedback and your ideas. We are constantly searching for new ideas and appreciate your thoughts on best practice in responsible and sustainable travel.
- Save trees: Make a small step by going online to request itineraries and e-news updates.