Save the Orphan Elephants of Sumatra
29 April - 09 May 2018 (10 nights)
$2,350 (ex Denpasar)
Our 2018 ‘OrphanSumatran Elephant Program’ is led by Dr Claire Oelrichs (scientific leader) and directed by the Elephant Conservation Centre (ECC) and The Alliance of Integrated Forest Conservation (ALERT).
- Bond with elephants and mahouts at Way Kambas National Park
- Observe elephant behaviour at play in pond and field
- Help mahouts bathe, feed and walk elephants
- Gardening, tree planting, painting and other improvement projects
- Learn about the challenges villagers face from wild elephant herds
- Learn how the national park keeps its villages and elephants safe
- Enjoy full immersion in the Elephant Conservation Centre
The mission of interNATIONAL PARKtour’s volunteer programs is to help protect fragile and endangered species by working with grass roots conservation groups and in Australia. Through direct involvement and hands-on activities for , we engage with local communities to aid their programs.