Welcome to our local day walk program! Our hikes are predominately geared towards walking women within the Scenic Rim and greater regions. We aim to connect like-minded women by providing guided hikes throughout our beautiful local national parks. Please find below our upcoming program, further details for each hike are available through booking link.
- 7.30AM - 5.00PM, 21.4km (grade 4)
- Walk along the backbone of Lamington National Park, the spectacular hike that features lookouts, waterfalls, gullies, and streams. We follow the ridge-line between Green Mountains and Binna Burra, strolling through subtropical rainforest, temperate forest, and past ancient Antarctic Beech trees. At the lookouts, we peer into the Tweed and Limpinwood valleys, and glimpse the peak of Wollumbin (Mt Warning).
- Booking link: https://events.humanitix.com/border-track-lamington-national-park-august
- 8.30AM - 2.00PM, 12km (grade 4)
- The walk to Lower Ballanjui Falls descends via eucalypt and rainforest past the lookouts of Koolanbilba and Yangahla. We continue down through tall palm forests with some old red cedar trees to the base of the Lower Ballanjui. The waterfall is a great place for a picnic lunch. We return on the Lower Bellbird Track with spectacular views of the ridgelines peek through the trees. We will transfer via car from the exit of the trail head back to Binna Burra Lodge.
- Booking link: https://events.humanitix.com/lower-ballanjui-lower-bellbird-circuit-lamington-np-august
- 9.30AM - 4.00PM, 6km (grade 4)
- Enjoy a guided experience on three of the best walks within Springbrook National Park. We begin with the spectacular Twin Falls Circuit, zig zagging through palm and treefern forests. We then continue to the spectacular viewpoint of Best of All Lookout, which overlooks NSW and the Wollumbin caldera, with plenty of gnarled & ancient Antarctic Beech trees. We finally wrap up the day with a stroll to the lookout on the Purling Brook Falls track, with the possibility of completing the full circuit if time allows.
- Booking link: https://events.humanitix.com/springbrook-national-park-guided-walks-august
We have created a community Facebook page, Walking Women Scenic Rim, which we use as a platform to organise and coordinate day walks, and stay in touch with those we meet along the way!