Alcheringa Holiday Houses and the Binna Burra Sky Lodges are your base for this small group getaway
Relax in these passive-solar, architect-designed buildings. Enjoy walks with the extended Groom family in World Heritage listed Lamington National Park.
Soak your muscles in a magnesium spa at the end of the day or relax with a good book and valley views. Local food and wine will feature on the daily menu with all meals and snacks included.
Walking options include the Lower Ballanjui Circuit with lookouts over the eastern side of Lamington National Park. Admire the stands of flooded gums, brushbox and piccabeen groves on the way to lunch at the base of Ballanjui Falls.
We also see the spectacle of Coomera Falls from a dramatic viewpoint. Another day is focused on walks at Springbrook National Park including Purling Brook Falls and Best of All lookouts, the Twin Falls Circuit, and a night walk at Natural Arch to see the glow-worms.
The itinerary is flexible to allow for weather, waterfalls and your walking wishes. We also suggest some nature journalling, finding a quiet magic spot and viewing the forest on night walks.
- Exclusive 4 night stay at Alcheringa Holiday Houses or the Binna Burra Sky Lodges
- Enjoy full breakfasts, picnic lunches, multi-course dinners and local wine tasting
- Bush food garden tour and walks with the Groom family
- Choose from a range of optional daily walks in Tamborine, Lamington & Springbrook National Parks
- Relax in Alcheringa's magnesium spa, try nature journalling or soak in the valley views
Dates: 15 - 19 May 2023
Price: Twin share/person (starts Gold Coast /ends Gold Coast)
A$1,937 (twin / double in 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom Alcheringa Holiday Houses)
Single Supplement: A$650 (sole use in Sky Lodge apartment)
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 4 guests
Special Interest: Wildlife, Botanical
Easy to Moderate: Distances covered on walking days are between 4-12 km on graded tracks, with options for longer walks available. A moderate fitness level and walking experience is an advantage. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
- Alcheringa Living room and verandahs
- View from Alcheringa bedroom
- Views from Yangahla Lookout, Lamington National Park
- Hike in one of Queensland's oldest National parks, Lamington
- Walk the Purlingbrook Falls Circuit at Springbrook National Park
For fast, secure online bookings please select the number of guests and click 'Book Tour' below: