Explore two of Europe’s most beautiful jewels – the spectacular coastline and national parks of Croatia, then the mountains, lakes and villages of Slovenia. The World Heritage listed city of Dubrovnik is the perfect meeting point with plenty of time to explore this unique city. A short distance to the west in the Adriatic, the island of Mljet is our base for two days. Short walks lead us to the island’s native forests and unique salt lakes. After our island sojourn, we return to the mainland, continuing on to Split and the ancient Diocletian’s Palace. Our journey then turns north along the Adriatic coastline to the deep canyons and spring fed creeks of Paklenica and Krka National Parks. World Heritage listed Plitvice National Park is renowned for its hundreds of waterfalls dropping over travertine terraces. We follow the network of boardwalks that weave through serene aqua-coloured lakes, giving us easy access to the beauty of this park. Entering Slovenia, we spend a night in the capital Ljubljana before enjoying meadow and pine forest walks in the serene valley of Logarska Dolina. We journey via Lake Bled and on to beautiful Lake Bohinj from where we explore glacial lakes and the limestone mountains of Triglav National Park. Our final walk follows the emerald-coloured river and gorges on the Soča Trail. Our tour ends in the Italian city of romance, Venice.
- Immerse yourself in the natural beauty, culture and local cuisine of two south-east European gems
- Stroll through the polished stone streets & ramparts of 800-year-old World Heritage listed Dubrovnik
- Swim in the beautiful lakes and hidden coves of Mljet Island, one of Croatia’s island jewels
- Explore the canyons of Paklenica, Krka & the stunning watery delights of Plitvice Lake national parks
- Enjoy a night in Ljubljana, the capital and largest city of Slovenia
- Hike in the classic alpine scenery of Triglav National Park, Logarska Dolina Nature Park and the remote Soca Valley
- Marvel at the architectural masterpieces of the city of Venice, spread over an impressive total of 118 islands
07 - 29 May 2018 (22 nights)
Twin share/person (ex Dubrovnik, ends Venice)
Advanced Early Bird: A$7,890 until 24/11/2017
Early Bird: A$8,090 until 05/01/2018
Single Supplement: A$1,750
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 10 guests
3-4 star hotels, family run inns, retreats & lodges with private facilities
Gourmet, Culture, Geology, History
Moderate: 5 - 18km per walking day with some challenging options. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.