The mountains, villages and lakes of Austria, Northern Italy and Switzerland feature on this three week walking holiday. Half and full day walks are offered at each location while staying in family-owned hotels. A truly gourmet trip, we balance the walking with regional culinary delights. We begin in Austria with three nights in the traditional alpine town of Seefeld. After walks in the surrounding Karwendel mountains, we travel to northeast Italy and the rocky spires of the Dolomites. Spending five nights in two family run hotels, we enjoy spectacular walks in this vast network of verdant valleys, grassy plateaus and mountain huts with views of unusual rock formations. For contrast, we have time to absorb the history and romance of Romeo & Juliet’s city of Verona. Further west, Lake Como is our base for four nights where ferry trips link lakeside villages and half day walks lead to viewpoints over the Lakes District. In north west Italy, Gran Paradiso National Park protects an area of rugged alpine peaks, glaciers and alpine tradition. Keep a lookout for ibex, chamois and marmots as well as a huge variety of alpine flora. Our tour end is spent exploring the Bernese Oberland in the heart of the Swiss Alps. From the car-free village of Wengen, alpine trains and cable cars allows easy access to a myriad of walks while listening to the tinkling of cowbells.
- Hike alpine trails & promenade walks from the Austrian town of Seefeld
- Spend five days in the Sudtirol region of north east Italy enjoying mountain & plateau walks in the Dolomites ranges
- Explore Verona’s historic centre & the ancient hilltop town of Bergamo
- Stay four nights on Lake Como for scenic day walks, boat cruises & time in the lakeside villages
- Delve into the culture, gastronomy & mountain scenery of Gran Paradiso National Park
- Use local cable cars & trains to access the best walks in Switzerland's Bernese Oberland
- Stay in family run hotels & enjoy fresh local produce, cuisine & wine
17 September - 07 October 2017 (20 nights)
Twin share/person (ex Seefeld, ends Wengen)
Advanced Early Bird: A$9,650 until 25/11/2016
Early Bird: A$9,850 until 19/05/2017
Single Supplement: A$1,750
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 10 guests
Gourmet, Botanical, Geology, History
Moderate: 5 - 15km per walking day with some challenging options (challenging options include ascent/descent). Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.