Sixty kilometres off north-eastern Tasmania is a world of craggy mountains, quiet inlets, lagoons and white sandy beaches. Spend a week with local people as we explore the bays, headlands and high points of Flinders, the largest island in the Furneaux group.
On half day walks, we enjoy the peace of quiet bays, the orange hue of lichen-covered rocks or the intricate patterns of tidal pools. For a bigger picture, there is the option to hike to the summit of Mt Strzelecki, the highest point on the island. On a clear day, the views are spectacular to the far north east coast of Tasmania. A half-day coastal walk leads to the limestone formations and caves of Settlement Point plus Wybalenna, the last settlement of the Tasmanian Indigenous. The nearby Furneaux museum documents the island's history.
There are many opportunities for wildlife viewing, including a chance to see Cape Barren Geese, the second rarest in the world. On the last day, enjoy the views from the craggy granite formations of the Darling Range. Meeting local people, understanding the history of the island and enjoying fresh seasonal produce will also feature on this 8 day personalised journey.
- Immerse yourself in the pristine environment of Flinders Island off Tasmania's northeast coast
- Explore bays & high points of the largest island in Furneaux group with locally-based guides
- Enjoy an optional hike up Mt Strzelecki for spectacular views of Flinders & surrounding islands
- Take gentle coastal walks to bays, inlets & headlands with ever-changing vistas
- Admire the orange hue of lichen-covered rocks & the intricate patterns of tidal pools
- Delight in the varied wildlife, including native bird species the Cape Barren Goose
- Indulge in freshly caught seafood and quality local produce
EMAIL FOR OFFLINE BOOKING - 1 twin share place available (male only)
Dates: 06 - 13 Nov 2023 (7 nights)
Price: Twin share / person (starts/ends Launceston) A$4,612
Single Supplement: A$961
Note: Single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable roommate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 8 guests
Botanical, Wildlife, History, Geology
Easy to Moderate: 5-11km per walking day with an optional challenging walk. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.