From the bustling metropolis to lush rural landscapes, dramatic vistas and cultural diversity, Hong Kong has it all. This eight day journey takes in the highlights of the city plus the roads less travelled in the New Territories, Lamma Island and the former Portuguese colony of Macau. You can appreciate a unique meld of China and Britain with temples and trams, feng shui and finance. Hong Kong is a spectacular, energising combination of urban, rural and natural beauty. After a walk on the Dragon’s Back trail, we enjoy many of the lush gardens and conservation parks on offer. In Victoria Park, we can observe the gentle art of tai chi and at Hong Kong Wetland Park we see the diversity of wetland ecosystems. A trip to Hong Kong is not complete without good dining including a meal at a local Cha Chaan Teng. Conversely, High Tea is an established colonial tradition not to be missed in one of the historic British hotels. The cityscape and modern towers are best viewed from the stunning Victoria Harbour along with vistas of many of the islands. We take a ferry ride to enjoy a sunset seafood dinner on beautifully lush Lamma Island. Another day is spent exploring the New Territories where walks reveal beautiful views across the South China Sea and enticing white beaches. Crossing the South China Sea to mainland China we spend a day discovering the blended culture of Macau where ancient Chinese temples sit on streets lined with Portuguese tiles.
- Enjoy leisurely walks through botanical gardens & lush peaceful green spaces
- Balance the cultures with Tai Chi followed by high tea!
- Be dazzled by the lively markets & street stalls while enjoying the tastes of local delicacies
- Take a hike along the Dragon’s Back
- View the city from the Peak Tram to Victoria Peak
- Experience a day in the lush, rural New Territories
- Slow down in the serene Yuen Yuen complex of temples, far from the bustling city
- Visit the Wetland Park showcasing the vital ecosystem with many birds, butterflies & fish
- Step back into the colonial past on Garden Road
- Cross the South China Sea to revel in the culture and history of Macau
01 - 08 November 2017 (7 nights)
Twin share/person (ex Hong Kong)
Advanced Early Bird: A$3,950 until 12/12/2016
Early Bird: A$4,150 until 04/07/2017
Single Supplement: A$1,250
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 8 guests
Botanical, Wildlife, History, Birding, Culture
Easy to Moderate: 3 - 15km per walking day (with some challenging options due to high humidity, rugged & wet terrain). Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
This tour is currently fully booked and on waitlist.
Please contact us if you would like to be added to the tour waitlist.