This tour is a departure from our usual style – a seven day immersion in one place with the accent on green spaces, gardens and some natural reserves. Since 1822, Singapore has been known for its beautiful gardens and lush street plantings. The 150 year old Singapore Botanic Gardens are a tropical wonderland including the world’s largest showcase of tropical orchids. There is also the newer attraction, Gardens by the Bay, which opened in 2012 and attracts garden lovers from around the world. Superlatives are the order of the day here. The Flower Dome is the world’s largest column-less greenhouse. The Cloud Forest contains not only the world’s highest indoor waterfall but also a 35m high “mountain” which replicates foggy tropical highlands up to 2000m above sea level. Eighteen “supertrees” up to 16 stories high are covered with 162,900 plants, harvest solar energy and provide a spectacular focus for the gardens especially at night when they come alive with a dazzling light show. Besides this amazing complex, we will spot native birds and animals in the remnant rainforest of Bukit Timah Nature Reserve and the mangrove boardwalks of Sungei Buloh Wetlands Reserve. Alongside the gardens, we enjoy some classic Singapore experiences, sample excellent Asian cuisine and spend 6 nights in a leading four star hotel.
- Take a short break in Singapore to enjoy gardens old & new, urban green spaces & nature reserves
- Spend 6 nights in a leading four star hotel
- Journey back in time with a high tea in one of its grand hotels
- Explore the amazing Gardens by the Bay with its flower dome, cloud forest & super tree grove
- Marvel at the Garden's dazzling light show that comes alive at night
- Enjoy short walks through the 150 year old World Heritage listed Singapore Botanic Gardens
- Stroll remnant rainforest in Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, spotting wildlife
- View migrating East Asian shorebirds from the mangrove boardwalks of Sungei Buloh Wetlands Reserve
24 - 30 September 2019 (6 nights)
Twin share/person (starts/ends Singapore)
Advanced Early Bird: A$3,750 until 22/02/2019
Early Bird: A$3,950 until 24/05/2019
Single Supplement: A$1,320
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 10 guests
Botanical, Culture, Gourmet
Easy: Short strolls around gardens and nature reserves (high humidity and hot, hard surfaces) Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.