Take a short break in south east Queensland's Granite Belt at one of our favourite times of the year. Early Spring in the national parks, heralds wildflowers, abundant wildlife and cool nights radiant with stars. Walks include creek explorations, exhilarating ascents of the local peaks and shorter strolls through sub-tropical rainforest in World Heritage listed areas. From Brisbane we travel south west to Main Range National Park for rainforest and lookout walks with the option to climb Mt Mitchell. This park straddles the Great Dividing Range and is part of the Scenic Rim arc of mountains. South of Stanthorpe we spend three nights at Girraween National Park. Meaning “Place of Flowers”, Girraween National Park is famous for its granite domes, improbable balancing boulders and exquisitely water worn creek forms. Walks lead us to fascinating underground creeks, magnificent granite outcrops and lookouts over the eucalypt forests and heathlands. Each day, we will offer a selection of popular and lesser known walks with options to hike as much or as little as you prefer. Our final walk is to the largest exposed granite monolith in Australia, at Bald Rock National Park before returning to Brisbane in the late afternoon.
- Explore the escarpment of Main Range National Park, following rainforest tracks to lookout points
- Spend 2 full days exploring beautiful Girraween National Park
- Admire the views from the top of granite domes in Girraween National Park
- View the water formations along Bald Rock Creek
- Taste local wine and produce from the Granite Belt
- Relax in the beautiful cabins at Girraween Environmental Lodge with evening spas and private walks
- Discover the exposed granite of Bald Rock National Park
06 September - 09 September 2019 (3 nights)
Twin share/person (starts/ends Brisbane)
Minimum Group Size: 6 guests
Special Interest: Wildlife, Botanical, History, Geology
Easy to Moderate: 4–10km per walking day with some challenging options. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Kookaburra at Girraween National park
- Wallaby viewing Girraween National Park
- Bald Rock National park
- Enjoy the many Granite Belt vineyards
- Granite Arch in Girraween national Park
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.