Make a pilgrimage to the heart of the Gondwana rainforests on one of Queensland’s long distance hiking trails. Spend three days walking the highlights of this 54km trail with the comfort of luggage transfers and walking only with a day pack. Traverse the mountains, World Heritage listed rainforest and hidden valleys of Lamington and Springbrook National Parks.
From O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat, we walk 21km through the Green Mountain section of Lamington following sections of the QLD / NSW border. Based for two nights at the Binna Burra Sky Lodge, we explore the Lower Ballanjui Circuit with lookouts over the eastern side of Lamington National Park. Admire the stands of flooded gums, brushbox and piccabeen groves on the way to lunch at the base of Ballanjui Falls.
Leaving Lamington plateau, we travel by bus via Numinbah valley viewing Kurraragin (Egg Rock), a remnant plug from the Tweed shield volcano, Wollumbin (Mt Warning). Our final day at Springbrook National Park includes one of two waterfall circuit walks – the cool spray of Purling Brook Falls via Warringah Pools (if open). Alternatively we will walk the spectacular Twin Falls Circuit before returning to the Gold Coast.
- Explore the mountains, waterfalls & forests of Lamington & Springbrook national parks
- Relax each night in comfortable lodges & chalet accommodation
- Full breakfasts, picnic lunches, 3 course dinners and local wine tasting
- Safety and interpretation from locally based guides
- Walk through World Heritage listed subtropical rainforest & eucalypt forest
- Marvel at the ancient Antarctic beech trees
- Enjoy the best of the Great Walk trail with extra walks in Lamington & Springbrook National Parks
- Carry only a day-pack (main luggage is transferred)
Dates: 30 April - 2 May 2023 (3 days)
Price: Twin share/person (starts Gold Coast /ends Gold Coast)
A$1,579 (twin share in Sky Lodge Studio Apartment)
Single Supplement: A$480 (sole use bedroom Sky Lodge Studio apartment)
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 4 guests
Special Interest: Wildlife, Botanical
Moderate to Challenging: 12–22km per walking day, on mostly well graded tracks. There are some moderate to challenging walks with some steeper sections on non-graded tracks.. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
- Hike in one of Queensland's oldest National parks, Lamington
- Wander through world heritage listed rainforest
- Oak up the views from O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat
- Discover Purlingbrook Falls at Springbrook National Park
- Hike the iconic Border track, between two of Queensland's most loved Rainforest Lodges
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.