Make a pilgrimage to the heart of the Gondwana rainforests on one of Queensland’s long distance hiking trails. Spend 5 days walking this 54km trail with the comfort of luggage transfers and walking only with a day pack. Traverse the mountains, World Heritage listed rainforest and hidden valleys of Lamington and Springbrook National Parks. This fully accommodated tour includes options at two of Lamington’s iconic lodges and chalet accommodation on Springbrook. From O’Reillys Rainforest Retreat, walk 21km through the Green Mountain section of Lamington following sections of the QLD/NSW border. Based at Binna Burra Lodge, explore the Lower Bellbird Circuit with lookouts over the eastern side of Lamington National Park. Admire the stands of flooded gums, brushbox and piccabeen groves on the way to lunch at the base of Ballanjui Falls. Leaving Lamington plateau, descend past Egg Rock, a remnant plug from the Tweed shield volcano, Wollumbin (Mt Warning). The trail continues through the farming valley of Numinbah, then climbs steadily to the mountain plateau of Springbrook. Staying overnight in chalet accommodation, a highlight is a half day hike via Warringah Pools to the cool spray of Purlingbrook Falls in Springbrook National Park.
- Explore the mountains, waterfalls & forests of Lamington & Springbrook national parks
- Relax each night in comfortable lodges & chalet accommodation
- Informative interpretation from locally based guides
- Walk through World Heritage listed subtropical rainforest & eucalypt forest
- Marvel at the ancient Antarctic beech trees
- View magnificent waterfalls & vistas
- Journey from the Green Mountains section of Lamington National Park to Springbrook with only a day-pack (main luggage is transferred)
16–20 September 2018 (4 nights)
Twin share/person (ex Gold Coast)
Advanced Early Bird: A$1,950 until 23/02/2018
Early Bird: A$2,150 until 18/05/2018
Single Supplement: A$280
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 5 guests
Botanical, History, Wildlife
Moderate to Challenging: 3–22km per walking day. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Beautiful lookouts
- Heritage Listed Binna Burra Lodge
- O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat
- Spectacular Lamington National Park
- World Heritage Listed Rainforest
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.