South Australia’s Kangaroo Island (KI) is one of the world’s pristine nature-based destinations. A true wildlife sanctuary, KI is the place where we can quietly ‘go bush’ and see native Australian animals and birds in their natural habitat. We discover the island’s secrets led by naturalists / rangers plus soak up history while staying in lighthouse keeper’s cottages. After leaving Adelaide by bus, we adapt to island time with a ferry journey from Cape Jervis to Penneshaw. We walk the gentle coastal landscapes of Dudley Peninsula and Cape Willoughby. At Cape du Couedic, we traverse the north-west cliff-tops of Vennachar Point. In Flinders Chase National Park, we wander the remote shipwreck coast to Admirals Arch, experience the Kelly Hill limestone caves and walk to Hanson Bay. We enjoy sunset or sunrise walks to view Remarkable Rocks, granite formations weathered over millions of years. We are greeted by sea lions basking on unspoilt beaches, koalas dozing in lofty eucalyptus trees, pelicans soaring across shimmering lagoons and of course kangaroos and wallabies bounding across much of the island. Ending near Emu Bay we soak up the north coast, exploring secluded coastal bays on spectacular off-track walks along Western River Cove & Snake Lagoon, before we return back to Adelaide.
- Stay in Heritage listed lighthouse keepers' cottages at Cape Willoughby & Cape du Couedic
- Learn about the maritime history of Australia’s third largest island
- Experience off-track & beach walks at Cape St Albans & Antechamber Bay
- Enjoy cliff-top views to Vennachar Point
- Delve underground at Kelly Hill Caves
- View Australian sea lions
- Discover the remote Shipwreck Coast
- Sunset walks to Admirals Arch & Remarkable Rocks
- Explore secluded north coast bays & seldom walked tracks
- Coastal walks along Western River Cove & Snake Lagoon
- Wildlife viewing at every turn
03 - 10 October 2017 (7 nights)
Twin share/person (ex Adelaide)
Advanced Early Bird: A$3,150 until 25/11/2016
Early Bird: A$3,350 until 30/06/2017
Single Supplement: A$490 (on request - 5 nights shared facilities)
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 10 guests
Wildlife, Birding, Geology, History, Botanical
Moderate: 6 - 15km per walking day with some steep & rough sections (off-track options). Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Discover South Australia's Kangaroo Island
- Enjoy Coastal Walks
- Explore Seldom walked tracks
- Pristine Kangaroo Island
- Visit Heritage Listed Lighthouses