Visit some of Queensland's oldest national parks with a short walking and wellbeing break in south east Queensland. Take in the fresh air, mountain views, contrasting walks, wellbeing workshops over four days, staying at the Binna Burra Sky Lodges. Walks include creek explorations, longer wanders on the gently graded tracks and shorter strolls through this World Heritage listed area, part of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia. This subtropical and cool temperate rainforest provides habitat for more than 200 rare or threatened plant and animal species. We begin in the north eastern part of the Scenic Rim arc of mountains for short rainforest and lookout walks in Tamborine National Park. Walking one of the 13 sections of this national park, we continue south via Canungra to Beechmont and visit the studio of artist, Dave Groom. Nearby our accommodation in Binna Burra’s Sky Lodges has only recently opened its doors after the devastating fires of 2019. Over two days, we celebrate the opening of Lamington National Park with a selection of popular and lesser known walks and the option to hike as much or as little as you prefer. During our Binna Burra stay, we enhance our connection to body, mind and nature, with special guests teaching us Qigong and nature journaling. On our final morning, we finish with a small section of the long distance Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk. Driving across to the neighbouring mountain and Springbrook National Park, we enjoy a half day walk to the Warringa Pool and the spectacular Purling Brook Falls circuit.
- Enjoy short walks in Tamborine National Park, following rainforest tracks to lookout points
- Explore beautiful Lamington National Park over two days with guided walks on the re-opened tracks
- Join Beechmont teachers of Qigong to promote morning mindfulness plus an afternoon nature journaling workshop
- Walk to waterfalls and creek-side picnic spots in Springbrook National Park
- Learn about the conservation and artistic stories of these Scenic Rim parks with the local Groom family
- Taste local wine and produce from the Scenic Rim
- Relax in the comfort of Binna Burra’s Sky Lodge studios
20 October - 23 October 2020 (4 days)
Twin share/person (starts Tamborine, ends Springbrook)
* Single supplement $530
Minimum Group Size: 6 guests
Special Interest: Wildlife, Botanical, History, Geology, Wellbeing
Easy to Moderate: 4–12km per walking day with some longer options. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
For fast, secure online bookings please select the number of guests and click 'Book Tour' below: