Take the time to unwind on spectacular coastal walks, stroll through World Heritage listed Gondwana rainforest parks, admire granite formations and enjoy the ambience of country towns. This circular journey includes many national parks and reserves with a diverse mix of landscapes, vegetation, geology, wildlife and walks. From our first base in Yamba near the mouth of the Clarence River, our initial walks include the littoral rainforest in Iluka Nature Reserve and a section of the spectacular Bundjalung and Yuraygir National Parks. Headlands provide the opportunity to spot marine life while the coastal heath is a haven for birdlife. Heading south west, for a refreshing perspective, we explore the forests and waterfalls in Dorrigo National Park. Wollomombi Falls is accessible via short walks in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park, which also has an interesting history of mining. Nearby New England National Park protects a wide diversity of forest types, including cool temperate rainforest (with Antarctic beech trees), eucalypt forests and heathlands. We travel to the Cathedral Rock National Park, where the granites of New England batholith, which formed deep beneath the earth’s surface 270 million years ago, dominate. Our final parks include the cascading waterfalls, gorge scenery and history of Boonoo Boonoo National Parks. Nearby, there’s the option to climb to the summit of the largest granite rock in Australia in Bald Rock National Park. This walking holiday spends seven nights in comfortable accommodation at Yamba, Dorrigo, Armidale and Tenterfield.
- Soak up the ocean views on day walks in Bundjalung and Yuragir National Park and Iluka Nature Reserve
- Enjoy rainforrest, escarpment and waterfall walks at Dorrigo, New England National Parks
- Visit spectacular Wollomombi Falls, part of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- View both Antartic beech trees and snow gum woodlands in New England National Park
- Explore the granite outcrops of Bald Rock National Parks
- Follow the river to waterfalls in Boonoo Boonoo National Park and learn its link with poet Banjo Patterson
- Immerse yourself in the cultural heritage of some country towns we visit
01 May - 08 May 2021 (7 nights)
Twin share/person (starts/ends Gold Coast)
Advanced Early Bird: A$3680 until 04 January 2021
Single Supplement: A$595
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 8 guests
Hotel accommodation with private facilities
Wildlife, Birding, Geology, Botanical
Easy to Moderate: 2-13km per walking day with some longer options. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Explore beautiful Dorrigo National Park
- Wander in Washpool National Park
- Stay in the Coastal town of Yamba
- Experience wildlife of the area
- Discover the river track in Boonoo Boonoo National Park
For fast, secure online bookings please select the number of guests and click 'Book Tour' below: