This journey of coastal and inland Northern New South Wales includes eight national parks and reserves with a diverse mix of landscapes, geology, wildlife and walks. Take the time to unwind on spectacular coastal walks, stroll through World Heritage listed rainforest to creeks and waterfalls, admire granite tors and enjoy the ambience of country towns. We begin near the Clarence River enjoying day walks from Yamba on sections of the Yuraygir Coastal Walk, including the renowned Angourie walk. Headland walks at this time of year give the opportunity to spot migrating whales on their journey north. Turning inland, we explore World Heritage listed rainforest in Washpool National Park. Birdlife is abundant in this park with over 220 species recorded and it’s a haven for koalas, quolls, wallabies and Long-nosed potoroos. East of Armidale, Wollomombi Falls is accessible via short walks in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. Nearby Cathedral Rock National Park offers contrasting views of granite tors and boulders while New England National Park protects rainforest streams, eucalypt forests and Antarctic beech trees. For a refreshing change, walk the Crystal Shower Falls walk or to Casuarina Falls in Dorrigo National Park. As we return north, we make a final stop for coastal views on the Cape Byron walking track. This walking holiday spends eight nights in comfortable accommodation at Yamba, Grafton, Armidale and Bellingen.
- Take in the ocean views on day walks in Iluka Nature Reserve & Yuraygir National Park
- Follow circular & creek-side tracks in the rainforests of Washpool National Park
- South west of Grafton, explore the boulders & granite tors of Cathedral Rock National Park
- Near Armidale, visit spectacular Wollomombi Falls, part of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- View Antarctic beech trees & snow gum woodlands in New England National Park
- Enjoy escarpment & waterfall walks at Dorrigo National Park near Bellingen
- Visit the easternmost point of Australia at Cape Byron
29 June - 07 July 2018 (8 nights)
Twin share/person (ex/ends Brisbane or Gold Coast)
Advanced Early Bird: A$3,450 until 24/11/2017
Early Bird: A$3,650 until 01/03/2018
Single Supplement: A$530
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 8 guests
Hotel accommodation with private facilities
Wildlife, Birding, Geology, Botanical
Easy to Moderate: 1 - 10km per walking day with some longer options. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Woolpack Rocks in Cathedral Rock National Park
- Wollomombi Falls Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- Explore Yuraygir National Park
- The Washpool Walk on Coombadjha Creek
- The Coastal town of Yamba
This tour is currently fully booked and on waitlist.
Please contact us if you would like to be added to the tour waitlist.