Treat yourself with a short break in the Scenic Rim and learn its secrets from the locals. Stretching south west of Brisbane, this arc of sweeping ranges, river valleys, lush rainforests and quaint country towns is the perfect city antidote. Walk amongst spectacular landforms, sample fresh produce and meet artists and local characters along the way. Travelling from Brisbane via the country towns of Kalbar and Harrisville, we begin with easy walks in Moogerah Peaks National Park. In and around the lively town of Boonah, enjoy the combination of good food, wine, local art, along with gentle walks in Main Range National Park. A lunchtime cooking class, contrasts with creek walks and mountain lookouts in the Mt Barney area. Travelling via Rathdowney and Tamrookum, we then explore the eastern side of the Scenic Rim. Based for two nights at Tamborine Mountain, short walks lead to palm forests, waterfalls and quiet lookouts. We enjoy the mountain’s culinary delights and meet local characters. Our final day includes a short walk in Lamington National Park, time at a Beechmont art studio and a lunch with views back over the mountains before returning to Brisbane.
- Immerse yourself in the food, wine, walks, art & nature of this unique region south of Brisbane
- Discover rainforests, rivers & escarpments of World Heritage listed Gondwana Forests of Australia
- Enjoy easy walks in Moogerah Peaks, Main Range, Mt Barney, Tamborine & Lamington NP
- Delight in the local flavours of this growing foodie region in the Gold Coast Hinterland
- Stay in family owned lodges & comfortable motels
- Meet local people including wine makers, farmers, historians & artists
24 - 29 March 2019 (5 nights)
Twin share/person (starts/ends Brisbane)
Advanced Early Bird: A$2,250 extended until 07/09/2018
Early Bird: A$2,450 until 23/11/2018
Single Supplement: A$450
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 6 guests
Wildlife, Botanical, Art, Food, Wine
Easy to Moderate: 2-12 km per walking day. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Discover the scenery and crisp air of Tamborine Mountain
- Delight in local flavours of this growing foodie region
- Visit local artist studios, living and working in the Scenic Rim
- Stay in Mt Barney Lodge at the base of Queensland’s most impressive peak – Mt Barney!
- Enjoy easy walks in the regions many National Parks and surrounds
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.