Treat yourself with a short break in the Scenic Rim and learn its secrets from the locals. Stretching south west of Brisbane, this arc of sweeping ranges, river valleys, lush rainforests and quaint country towns is the perfect city antidote. Walk amongst spectacular landforms, sample fresh produce and meet artists and local characters along the way. Travelling from Brisbane via the country towns of Kalbar and Harrisville, we begin with easy walks in Moogerah Peaks National Park. At the Main Range National Park, we walk to Mt Cordeaux and Bear Rock for spectacular views, before enjoying an evening cooking class at Mt Barney Lodge. Within Mt Barney National Park, we take on the climb to Mt Maroon, before enjoying sunset drinks with Scenic Rim produce. Travelling via Rathdowney and Beaudesert, we then explore the eastern side of the Scenic Rim. Based for two nights at Tamborine Mountain, short walks lead to palm forests, waterfalls and quiet lookouts. We enjoy the mountain's culinary delights and meet local characters. Our final day includes a short walk in Lamington National Park, time at a Beechmont art studio and lunch with views back over the mountains before returning to Brisbane.
- Immerse yourself in the nature, food, wine, & art of this unique region less than 1 hour from Brisbane
- Discover the rainforests, rivers & escarpments of the World Heritage listed Gondwana Forests of Australia
- Enjoy moderate to challenging walks in Moogerah Peaks, Main Range, Mt Barney, Tamborine & Lamington National Parks.
- Delight in the local flavours of this growing foodie destination
- Stay in comfortable motels, family owned lodges & cottage bed and breakfasts
- Meet local people including wine makers, food producers & artists.
21 - 26 March 2021 (5 nights)
Twin share/person (starts Brisbane / ends Gold Coast)
Advanced Early Bird: A$2650 until 20 January 2021
Single Supplement: A$540
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 7 guests
Wildlife, Botanical, Art, Food, Wine
3-12km per walking day, on mostly well graded tracks. There are some moderate to challenging walks with some steeper sections on non-graded tracks. This tour is for anyone with a good level of fitness and bushwalking experience. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions, track closures and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Delight in local flavours of this growing foodie region
- Discover the scenery and crisp air of Tamborine Mountain
- Enjoy the tranquillity of Lake Moogerah
- Visit local artist studios, living and working in the Scenic Rim
- Enjoy easy walks in the regions many National Parks and surrounds
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.