Early spring dips in the warm ocean, walks to rocky headlands, kayaking on the reflective Noosa River, regional food in award-winning restaurants and drinks on location. This is the essence of our Sunshine Coast Gourmet Short Stay. See the area with new eyes, taste the best of local cuisine, stretch your legs on gentle coastal walks and unwind on the water. Staying in apartment-style accommodation close to bustling Hastings Street, we will pace our days to indulge all the senses. On our journey north from Brisbane, we stop at coastal and mountain lookouts then have sunset drinks at a hinterland high-point. Another day focuses on walks through coastal rainforest to headland views in Noosa National Park. If you don’t feel like a swim, you can try spotting for whales and dolphins offshore. The pristine wilderness of the Noosa Everglades is best explored via paddle power. For half a day, we team up with local kayak operators to admire the quiet and reflective places along the Noosa River. Alongside some free time, we also explore the southern section of Noosa National Park and Mt Coolum. A leisurely day in the Montville / Maleny area includes short walks to Kondalilla Falls, Mary Cairncross Park, lunch in a café overlooking the Glasshouse Mountains and a visit to a cheese factory. The tour ends with a visit to the famous Eumundi Markets followed by a drive back to Brisbane.
- Stay six nights in central Noosa on the Sunshine Coast
- Take short but rewarding walks in the hinterland at Kondalilla National Park, Mary Cairncross Park & climb Mt Coolum for huge coastal views
- Enjoy half day walk around the headlands of Noosa National Park
- Enjoy a half day kayak tour across Lake Cootharaba to the Noosa Everglades
- Try Asian infused recipes at Spirit House Cooking School then dine in some of Noosa's renowned restaurants including Wasabi, Bistro C & Ricky's
- Shop for locally produced artworks & homewares at the Eumundi artisans market
03 - 09 September 2017 (6 nights)
Twin share/person (ex Brisbane )
Advanced Early Bird: A$3,150 until 25/11/2016
Early Bird: A$3,350 until 08/05/2017
Single Supplement: A$950
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 8 guests
Food, Botanical, Wildlife
Easy: 2 - 10km per walking day. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.