This is a journey of red earth, white-barked eucalypts, sandstone gorges, remote coastlines, wildflowers and wildlife. Over 16 days, travel from south to north through the best of Western Australia’s wilderness areas and renowned national parks. Two hours from Perth, photograph the bizarre limestone pillars as they rise from the shifting sands at the Pinnacles Desert in Nambung National Park. Enjoy time exploring Lesueur National Park before we journey through to Geraldton. Travel to Kalbarri National Park, where the Murchison River enters the sea through a series of sandstone gorges. Explore river gorges and sea cliffs; admire the floral beauty of the surrounding sand plains. Based at Monkey Mia, we cruise to spot dugongs and other marine life. For contrast, the peninsula of Francois Peron National Park provides a refuge for rare and endangered flora and fauna. World Heritage listed Shark Bay is home to a profusion of marine life including dolphins, dugongs, turtles, rays, sharks and ancient stromatolites. A walk over ancient fossil reefs at Cape Range National Park, contrasts with the weightlessness of snorkelling at nearby Ningaloo Marine Park, the largest fringing coral reef in Australia. Our tour finale is three days enjoying the gorges and side chasms (up to 100m deep) in Karijini National Park. Our journey ends with a flight from the north back to Perth.
- An extraordinary journey from south to north along Western Australia’s Coral Coast
- Photograph the bizarre limestone pillars at Nambung NP
- Experience the river gorges, sea cliffs & spring wildflowers of Kalbarri NP
- Visit Monkey Mia, Francois Peron NP & World Heritage listed Shark Bay
- Explore ancient fossil reefs at Cape Range NP
- Float over Australia’s largest fringing coral reef at Ningaloo Marine Park
- Enjoy three special days in the gorges & side chasms of Karijini NP
13 - 28 September 2019 (15 nights)
Twin share/person (starts/ends Perth)
Advanced Early Bird: A$7,850 until 22/02/2019
Early Bird: A$8,050 until 17/05/2019
Single Supplement: A$1,550
Note: For guests who request a single room the single supplement will be charged. For single people who prefer to share, we will try to find a suitable room-mate, but if this is not possible the single supplement surcharge will apply.
Minimum Group Size: 10 guests
Botanical, Wildlife, History Geology
Easy to Moderate: 1-7km per walking day. Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- The Pinnacles Nambung National Park
- Walkers in Western Australia
- Lilac Hibiscus Western Australia
- Coastal views Western Australia
- Natures Window in Kalbarri National Park
This tour is closed for online bookings.
Please contact us if you are interested in this tour.