The Kimberley has long held a place in Australian folklore for its wild, rugged scenery and palpable sense of remoteness. Our 15 day journey uses a comfortable 4WD vehicle and dome tent accommodation to access the wilderness of the Kimberley. We depart Broome early and travel through the savannah country past Boab trees to Windjana Gorge National Park. Based here for two nights, we enjoy short walks to Tunnel Creek and in Windjana Gorge known for its bird life, Devonian reef walls and its many freshwater crocodiles. We continue through the Napier Range to our campsite at Silent Grove, our base for walking to the Bell Creek Gorge in King Leopold Range Conservation Park. Travelling to Charnley River-Artesian Range Wilderness Camp for two nights, we can relax, swim or canoe to the Fitzroy River. We also spend a day in the Charnley River, home to over 200 bird species and a diverse range of wildlife. Back on the Gibb River Road, we travel to the oasis of Manning Creek for two nights. Walks include the less visited Adcock Gorge, Galvins Gorge and the Manning Gorge walk, with a refreshing swim at the end. Continuing to El Questro station, we cross the Durack river and lookout over the floodplain of the Pentecost River. During our two days at El Questro, there are plenty of walking options, including Emma Gorge, Telegraph Hill, El Questro Gorge Walk and Zebedee Springs. After a stop in Kununurra, we head for Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle) travelling via many outback tracks and creek crossings. We spend two full days exploring the wonders of Purnululu including Echidna Chasm and Cathedral Gorge. Our journey ends with a transfer back to Kununurra where you may like to extend your stay in Broome or fly out via Perth or Darwin.
- Spend 14 nights camping in comfortable dome tents in the wilderness of the Kimberley
- Explore Windjana Gorge & Tunnel creek to learn their historic & cultural significance
- Visit Bell Creek gorge & enjoy a walk in the King Leopold Range Conservation Park
- Encounter the incredible birdlife of Charnley River-Artesian Range Wilderness Camp
- Discover the less visited Adcock & Galvin Gorges
- Enjoy an adventurous day in the Manning Gorge with optional creek swims
- Spend time at El Questro Station with its many walking & cruise options
- Take in the spectacular views from the Pentecost & Five Rivers lookouts
- Experience the natural wonder of Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle)
26 June - 10 July 2021 (14 nights)
Twin share/person (starts Broome/ends Kununurra)
Advanced Early Bird: A$7800 until 26 February 2021
Single Supplement: no single supplement applies (individual tents supplied, all guests use shared facilities)
Minimum Group Size: 10 guests
Wildlife, Botanical, History Geology
Easy to Moderate: 2-10km per walking day with some challenging options (agility required for uneven ground & rock scrambling). Age is not necessarily as important as your fitness and recent walking experience, and anyone of reasonable fitness should be able to join this tour. We reserve the right to be flexible with the itinerary to allow for unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions and group fitness.
Note - The free program Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open PDF files.
- Lilly Creek Lagoon at Kununurra
- Stay in comfortable dome tents in the Kimberley wilderness
- View the magnificent Boab Tree in El Questro Wilderness Park
- Explore Emma Gorge
- Cathedral Gorge in Purnululu National park
For fast, secure online bookings please select the number of guests and click 'Book Tour' below: